Chocolate and almond ice cream stick: a delicious homemade snack in just 10 minutes, with only few ingredients and without an ice cream maker!
The basic recipe is the most famous of the web: I’m talking about the ice cream prepared with condensed milk and whipped cream! No eggs and no ice cream maker needed!
I customized it to my taste and, helped by my little Olivia, I created these amzing ice cream sticks!
You can easily prepare them in only 10 MINUTES and you’ll no need ANY specific SKILLS!
All you need is the desire of an homemade ice cream and the patience to wait one night for the perfect freezing.
With these ingredients you will get 7 medium / small ice cream sticks (just to give you a concrete idea, I tell you I used the Ikea popsicle mold).
Important tips before starting
- It is important to use cold ingredients: that’s to say you have to put them in the fridge few hours before starting preparing the recipe.
- It would also be ideal to keep in the fridge the bowls (the one for the whipped cream and the one for the other ingredients).
- Finally, I recommend you to put a tray in the freezer to place the ice cream sticks once covered with the almond grains.
- You can store your chocolate and almond ice cream sticks individually wrapped in aluminum or all together in a large bag for frozen food (tightly closed).
- The ice cream sticks are immediately ready for use: they never harden completely, therefore, once the freezing times are respected, they are immediately ready to be enjoyed without resting time outside the freezer.
If you like to prepare homemade ice cream, HERE you will find many other easy and delicious recipes for your summer snacks !!
CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND ICE CREAM STICKS
- 120 g condensed milk
- 20 g bitter cocoa
- 30 g chopped almonds
- 40 g chopped dark chocolate
- vanilla extract
- 200 ml whipping cream
- chopped almonds for covering
- Keep all the ingredients in the refrigerator for a few hours before starting (read the important tricks I wrote in the post)!
- In a bowl, pour the condensed milk and add the cocoa, chopped almonds, chopped chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Mix everything with a spoon making the base homogeneous.
- Whip firmly the cold cream then add it to the condensed milk base in 3 steps.
- Pour this mixture into 6-7 ice cream molds and place in the freezer overnight.
- The next day pour plenty of chopped almonds on a tray and cover the ice cream sticks: press them a little into the grain on each side.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before enjoying!