Salmon and avocado spaghetti: a wonderful variation of the creamy salmon and avocado pasta that I posted HERE last year.
The fresh salmon used in that recipe is here replaced by the smoked one, whose intense and decisive notes go well with the natural creamy texture of the avocado and the neutral goodness of the ricotta that makes the dish lighter then the first in wich I used robiola cheese.
A very simple and quick first course which, however, can guarantee success! You have to try it: it takes only 15 minutes!
SALMON AND AVOCADO SPAGHETTI
- 200 g smoked salmon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- 125 g ricotta cheese
- 320 g italian spaghetti
- Cook spaghetti in plenty of salted water and, meanwhile, prepare the sauce.
- Clean the avocado and place the pulp in the blender along with ricotta, a pinch of salt, a generous pinch of pepper, 2 tablespoons of oil and the juice of half a lemon: blend everything getting a thick cream.
- Cut the salmon into strips and cook it with a little oil in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti al dente keeping a glass of cooking water: use a couple of tablespoons to soften the avocado and ricotta cream.
- Pour spaghetti into the pan along with the salmon and cook together for 1 minute, then season with the sauce.
- Finish the preparation with a little lemon zest and serve.