Strawberry Gazpacho: A modern version of the classic Andalusian gazpacho.
Mindful of the goodness of the watermelon gazpacho that I had proposed to you some time ago, I wanted to try it again with strawberries.
I assure you that the strawberry and tomato mix is really yummy! If you have never tried it, I suggest you fix it as soon as possible since strawberries are in season and there are very good and juicy ones!
The basic Andalusian gazpacho recipe includes tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, garlic, onion, day-old bread, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper as ingredients.
In the strawberry gazpacho I decided to use tomatoes, onion, bread, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
I replaced the peppers with strawberries and, as with the watermelon gazpacho, I preferred not to use the garlic and cucumber which I replaced with celery.
As per Andalusian rule, strawberry gazpacho should be enjoyed very cold.
- 150 gr strawberries net of waste + 2 whole strawberries to decorate the dish,
- 150 gr tomatoes net of seed waste,
- 1/2 blond onion
- 40 gr white celery
- 30 gr bread
- 1 tea spoon raspberry vinegar
- 50 gr fresh cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- Soak the bread in few water to soften,
- Wash the strawberries, cut them in half and place them in the blender.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the seeds and add them to the strawberries.
- Add also 30 gr of onion.
- Finally add the celery into small pieces, a pinch of salt, a tablespoon of oil and plenty of pepper: blend all very well.
- Add the squeezed bread and blend all again gettin a homogeneous cream.
- Put it in the freezer for 15 minutes and then keep it in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In the meantime cut the cheese into very small pieces, thinly slice the remaining onion and cut into quarters the 2 whole strawberries.
- Divide your strawberries gazpacho into 2 small cups, complete each one with some slices of onion, cheese, sliced strawberries, a drop of oil and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve very cold.
- The Gazpacho should be consumed during the day.
- You can add 1/2 garlic clove if you like.
- If you want to follow the traditional recipe, you can substitute celery with 1/4 cucumber (always choose the smaller ones).