A delicious recipe to enjoy the freshness of seasonal strawberries for a long time: Sugar free strawberry and pear jam.
Sugar-free, or rather, with only fruit sugars! Some years ago I had already posted a recipe for sugar-free strawberry jam in which I had used dates as a natural sweetener!
This time I wanted to try another natural ally for our recipes: DolceDì apple sugar.
A natural sweetener extracted exclusively from apples which turns out to be a valid natural alternative to traditional sugar.
It has a neutral taste and does not alter the flavors of what is prepared, so I found it perfect for preparing this jam because instead the one with dates obviously had their taste in its notes (which is not bad, indeed, however not everyone can like this fact).
SUGAR FREE STRAWBERRY AND PEAR JAM
- 500 g pears net of waste I used Conference pears
- 1 kg strawberries net of waste
- 400 g DolceDì Rigoni di Asiago
- Wash the strawberries, clean them and cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the pears, remove the core and also cut into small pieces.
- Pour the fruits into a large pot and add the natural sweetener DolceDì.
- Stir and bring to the fire.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil, then lower the heat and continue cooking for 50-60 minutes, stirring often.Blend a little the jam with an immersion blender.
- Pour the hot jam into the sterilized jars, close them with the lids and turn them upside down for 20 minutes.
- Now proceed with the double sterilization: put the jars in a large pot and cover them completely with cold water.
- Bring to boil, low the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let the jars cool in the water, dry them and store.
- This type of jam remains more liquid than traditional jams since neither traditional sugar nor pectin is used.
- I personally like much more these less compact jams, but if you want to restrict the liquids more, you just need to increase the cooking times.