Crunchy ice cream with caramelized hazelnuts: a last summer treat to enjoy before the arrival of autumn.
I don’t know what the weather is like at your side, but here, even if the sky is a bit gray and calls rain, the temperatures are still high and the desire to leave summer is still far from me!
So today I’m here offering you an ice cream, a last homemade ice cream that really wants to be a cuddle to start over in a very soft way!
For this occasion, I thought about a slightly special ice cream: exactly how every cuddle should be!
The basic recipe of this crunchy ice cream with caramelized hazelnuts is the same of my Chocolate and almond ice cream stick: an ice cream prepared with condensed milk and whipped cream! No eggs and no ice cream maker needed!
I added a crunchy base given both by the caramelized hazelnuts and by the new Rigoni di Asiago’s cream spread: the Nocciolata Crunchy, with chopped toasted hazelnuts!
The result is delicious! Believe me!
Important tips before starting
- It is important to use cold ingredients: that’s to say you have to put them in the fridge few hours before starting preparing the recipe.
- It would also be ideal to keep in the fridge the bowls (the one for the whipped cream and the one for the other ingredients).
CRUNCHY ICE CREAM WITH CARAMELIZED HAZELNUTS
For the caramelized hazelnuts
- 90 g roasted hazelnuts
- 4 spoons sugar
- 2 spoons rhum
For the ice cream
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 100 g condensed milk
- 100 g Nocciolata Crunchy Rigoni di Asiago
- 60 g caramelized hazelnuts
- Keep all the ingredients in the refrigerator for a few hours before starting (read the important tricks I wrote in the post)!
Start preparing the caramelized hazelnuts
- Pour the sugar into a non-stick pan and let it melt over low heat.
- Add the hazelnuts, raise the heat and move the saucepan to "mix", then add the rum and caramelize for a few minutes.
- Turn off, pour everything on a sheet of baking paper and let it cool, then chop with a knife.
- Weigh 60 g of caramelized hazelnuts and chop them more finely (always with a knife or with just a couple of rounds of food processor).
Now prepare the ice cream
- In a bowl pour the condensed milk, the vanilla extract and the crunchy hazelnut: mix well with a spatula to mix.
- Also add the 60 g of chopped caramelized hazelnuts.
- Whip firmly the cold cream then add it to the condensed milk base in 3 steps.
- Montar la nata fría, luego agregarla a la base de leche condensada en 3 etapas.
- Pour the preparation into a mold suitable for the freezer and freeze for 8 hours.
- Your caramelized hazelnut crunchy ice cream is now ready to be enjoyed: serve it in balls and decorate it with a little more coarsely chopped caramelized hazelnuts.