Spring muffins with mozzarella heart: how to bring a season on the table!
Perfect for a picnic, these savory spring muffins bring spring season on your table: the butter free basic mixture, super soft and rich in vegetables, hides a surprise, a tender heart of mozzarella cheese.
The recipe is easy and ready to bake in 30 minutes!
You only have to cook few minutes the vegetables (I choose spring onion, carrots, zucchini and asparagus) and then add them to the basic savory muffins mixture!
If you like surprises, the tender mozzarella heart is just for you: it gives an extra note of taste!
You’ll love these spring muffins!
Are you ready? 🙂
SPRING MUFFINS WITH MOZZARELLA HEART
- 120 gr flour type 0 + 2 tablespoons
- 160 gr flour type 1
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 2 medium eggs
- 40 g oil + 1 tbsp
- 400 gr milk
- 12 morsels of mozzarella
- half onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 4 asparagus the tender part of the stem and the tips,
- Pine nuts.
- Clean all the vegetables, then cut the carrot, zucchini and asparagus stalks into small cubes, chop the tips and cut the onion into very thin slices.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large non-stick pan and sauté the onion. Add salt, add the other vegetables and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Keep aside, let cool and meanwhile prepare the muffins dough.
- Turn on the oven at 180 °C.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients: the flour (except the 2 tablespoons), the baking powder, a pinch of salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with a fork together with milk and oil.
- Add 260 g of vegetables and add them in the bowl with the flours.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture into the bowl and stir just to mix.
- Cover with paper cups a mold for muffins: if you use the small size (6.5 cm in diameter) there will be 18, if you use the standard size (8 cm in diameter) there will be 12.
- Pour a spoonful of muffins mixture into each one.
- Flour the mozzarelline with the 2 tablespoons of flour kept aside and put one in the middle of each muffin.
- Cover now with another spoonful of mixture to fill the molds just below the edge.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and bake for 25 minutes (30 minutes if you use the 8 cm mold).
- Serve your muffins warm, along with salami and, if you like, together with vegetable patè.