I love strawberry jam, I love it very much! It is one of my favorites homemade jams!
If, on the one hand, I do not love industrial strawberry jams at all, because very often are “all sugar and no fruit” and the taste of strawberries is minimum, on the other I find instead that the homemade strawberries jam is delicious!
Today I propose you a very special jam: strawberries and rhubarb (another of my favorite ingredients) because I believe that the strawberry and rhubarb combo is something magical and divine!
For this jam I used C. Ferber’s method. She use a 1: 1 ratio between sugar and fruit. Following my family habits and traditions in terms of jams and also my personal taste that keep me away from overly sweet jams, I have reduced the sugar maintaining the steps of her recipe. As you can see I got some delicious jams, with an intense and rich aroma and bright and vivid colors!
Strawberries and rhubarb jam with C. Ferber method
- 500 gr ripe strawberries
- 500 gr rhubarb
- 1 apple
- 350 gr brown sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- Gently wash the strawberries, clean them and cut them into small pieces.
- Do the same with the rhubarb and pour everything into a large pot.
- Clean the apple, chop it coarsely with the lemon juice and add it to the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Also add the sugar, mix well and let it rest for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Bring to the heat, bring to a boil and immediately turn off the flame.
- Allow to cool completely, cover with the lid and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning pass the fruit in a colander in order to divide it from the juice.
- Return the juice to the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cook only the juice for 15 minutes.
- Now add the fruit kept aside and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Turn off and immediately put the hot jam in the previously sterilized jars.
If you like strawberries jam as I, you also have to try my sugar free strawberries and pears jam!