In the last post I told you that even today’s recipe would have as special guest my beloved rhubarb !
So, as promised, here is the recipe for a soft cake with summer plums and rhubarb!
This cake, very simple and quick to prepare with the “muffin method” has some almonds as ingredient: if you remember, I told you that almonds, in my opinion, are a dry fruit that goes delightfully with rhubarb.
In the cake mixture we also find rhubarb, summer plums (I used a native variety that is small, firm, not very watery and very fragrant) and dry cranberries!
Why is this cake so special?
The special side of this cake is all about fruits: I did not use raw fruit, I have first cook it few minutes with honey!
Just 5 minutes, just the time to create a delicious sauce that I decided to use to finish the dessert to dress the fresh fruit I put in the center to decorate it!
What do you think? Do you like the idea?
Believe me when I tell you that perfume is wonderful! Indescribable from how intense and rich it is!
We liked a lot this cake and I really hope you’ll want to try it as well as a dessert for the weekend!
Hugs and kisses!
PLUM AND RHUBARB SOFT CAKE
- 24 cm cake pan
For the honeyed fruit:
- 150 g rhubarb 100 g net of waste,
- 200 g summer plums 180 g net of waste,
- 50 g dry cranberries
- 45 g honey for me organic orange honey Rigoni di Asiago ,
For the cake:
- 280 gr flour 00
- 100 gr chopped peeled almonds
- 120 gr sugar
- 10 gr baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 200 ml fresh whole milk
- 120 gr melted butter
- 4 summer plums
- Start preparing the honeyed fruit: wash plums, pit them, cut them into small pieces and put them in a large pan.
- Clean the rhubarb (it cleans like celery, removing the hardest external filaments) and cut it into small pieces too. Add it in the pan.
- Also add the cranberries and honey.
- Turn on the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Turn off and filter the juice keeping it aside, separated from fruit.
- Let it cool and, in the meantime, prepare the base of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, almonds, sugar and baking powder. Mix.
- Combine the liquid ingredients in another bowl: eggs, milk and melted butter. Beat with a fork.
- Mix the liquid ingredients with the dry ones
- .Finally add the fruit kept aside and pour the mixture into a buttered and floured 24 cm cake pan
- .Bake for 30 minutes
- .Remove from the oven, let the cake cool completely, then sprinkle it with icing sugar.
- Cut the plums for decoration into quarters and place them in the center of the cake.
- Drizzle with the preserved liquid and serve.