Homemade chocolate and peanut butter bonbons: the Valentine’s Day last-minute gift idea you were looking for!
Do you know cremini chocolates? They are delicious Italian chocolates made up of 3 layers of chocolate (two outer layers flavored with gianduja and an inner layer flavored with hazelnut).
Having verified the unquestionable goodness of these chocolates, today I offer you an easy, original and delicious homemade version that can be prepared in no time: a version with dark chocolate and peanut butter!
We have appreciated these homemade chocolate and peanut butter bonbons a lot and I also loved the fact that they keep perfect for at least 15 days!
So keep in mind and bookmark this recipe for a super yummy homemade gift idea not only for Valentine’s Day but for next Christmas as well! 😉
How to make homemade chocolate and peanut butter bonbons
To prepare the homemade chocolate and peanut butter bonbons we will only need 3 ingredients but of excellent quality: dark chocolate, white chocolate and natural peanut butter (without added sugars).
We will need the help of the microwave to melt the chocolates, but of course you can also use the bain-marie technique.
Finally we will need a rectangular mold: I used a 21 X 9 cm one: as you can see in the photo, I got some tall and beautiful chocolates! If you want them a little lower, just use a slightly larger pan!
So let’s get straight to the Homemade Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bonbons recipe because Valentine’s Day is really here! 😉
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE AND PEANUT BUTTER BONBONS
- rectangular mold 21 x 9 cm
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 135 g natural peanut butter
- 150 g white chocolate
- Chop the dark chocolate with a knife and put it in a plate together with 75 g of natural peanut butter.
- Melt in the microwave for 2 minutes at 800 W, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Grease and line the 21×9 mold with parchment paper making it adhere perfectly and pour 130 g of the chocolate and peanut butter mixture that you just obtained.
- Beat the mold well on the table to create a homogeneous base, then place in the refrigerator to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the white chocolate with a knife and put it in a plate together with the remaining 60 g of peanut butter.
- Melt in the microwave at 600 W for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Once the first layer of chocolate is solid, pour a second layer of white chocolate over it. Beat the mold well and refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes.
- Finally, cover with the last layer of dark chocolate, pouring the other half of the mixture over the white layer. Beat well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Then cut into cubes or rectangles and serve!
- Put the dark chocolate mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds before the last step.
- The bonbons can be kept at room temperature for 1 week tightly closed in a glass jar or in the fridge for 2 weeks, but should be eaten at room temperature!
Questo articolo è disponibile anche in:
Beat the mold? Beat the mold? Beat well?(after layering?!)