I showed you this cake in preview on Instagram and today, finally, here it is: my caprese cake with whipped ricotta and chocolate hearts.
This cake, with its melting chocolate heart, welcomed Ludovica’s birthday candles: with that unique, truffle-flavored taste, it was the basis for 6 gold and silver candles, some stars and lots of hearts. All for my little, big woman!
If the Caprese cake is just fantastic, I wanted to make it even more special by adding a frosting of our beloved whipped ricotta!
Those light tufts of ricotta, soft and sweetened by just a couple of tablespoons of honey, are for me that touch of simplicity that makes a cake really special: as special as only a birthday cake can be!
But it is also about love that we are talking about here, about love for my Ludovica and her infinite love for chocolate that I’d express completing the dessert with some chocolate hearts!
And here my caprese cake with whipped ricotta and chocolate hearts came to life and dressed up, ready to be welcomed together with the most famous background music in the world: “Happy birthday to you”.
So, happy birthday to you my love, for your 6 years and for all the new emotions that your little heart will be able to get inside.
Just one last thing: I think that this Caprese cake with whipped ricotta and chocolate hearts is perfect for Valentine’s Day table! Do you agree with me?
MORE VALENTINE DAY’S RECIPES?
- BITTER COCOA COUPELLE WITH CRISPY CHOCOLATE, WHITE GANACHE, NOUGAT MOUSSE AND CHOCOLATE HEARTS
- BLACK CHERRY PIE
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE AND PEARS PASTRIES
- FRUIT AND CHOCOLATE TART
CAPRESE CAKE WITH WHIPPED RICOTTA AND CHOCOLATE HEARTS
- electric whips
- 22 cm tart mold
- immersion blender
For whipped ricotta
- 250 gr fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of flower honey
For the caprese cake
- 125 gr dark chocolate of excellent quality
- 125 gr butter at room temperature
- 4 medium eggs at room temperature
- 65 gr caster sugar
- 185 gr finely chopped peeled almonds
- icing sugar
- heart-shaped chocolates
Start preparing whipped ricotta.
- Follow the instructions you find in the article "Whipped ricotta: the light alternative to whipped cream" sweetening your ricotta with honey just before whipping it with the immersion blender.
Put the ricotta in the refrigerator to cool and, in the meantime, prepare the caprese cake.
- Carefully follow the instructions you find in the article "caprese cake".
Now it’s decoration’s time!
- Generously sprinkle the surface of the cake with icing sugar.
- Put the whipped ricotta in a sac a poche with a star nozzle and decorate the surface of your caprese cake with lots of ricotta tufts, covering it completely.
- Complete the decoration with heart-shaped chocolates.
- Keep the cake in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour before serving.
- Caprese cake with whipped ricotta can be kept in the refrigerator, sealed with film or aluminium for 5 days.
- You can prepare the whipped ricotta one day in advance and store it in the refrigerator.